Monday, November 7, 2011

Providence: a living music box

     I have known my seven year old daughter for a few years now, and in that time I have had the privileged to hear her sing many times.  She often makes up songs, and can sing whole conversations without any problem at all.  As she gets older I have a unique opportunity to help her learn what her voice is truly for.....and that is singing praises unto the LORD.  In our home we pick a Psalm and sing it for at least a month or so......until she has it memorized.  This can be a bit of a task for Pa-pa, but never for Providence.  She sings every word with pleasure, and loves to show off her skills.  I like it.  And I love her.  She has taught me that singing with joy is important.  When I hear her sing with delight unto the LORD, it gives me great joy.  Not only because our King   loves it when His children sing His praise, but because my daughter is praising her Maker......and I see through the next generation that God is keeping His promise.  He has promised her that He will never leave her nor forsake her, and she believes...and so she sings........and sings........."All people clap your hands for joy, to God in triumph shout, for awesome is the LORD most high great King the earth throughout."

No comments:

Post a Comment